October 3, 2005 Conference Call Meeting Minutes

SAAESD Fall Meeting Conference Call

Monday, October 3, 2005
10:30 to 12:00 (Eastern) and 9:30 to 11:00 (Central)

Participants  |  Action Items  |  Agenda

Participants

SAAESD:
Jerry Arkin, GA
Susan Barefoot, SC
David Boethel, LA
William F. Brown, FL
Lisa Collins, KY
Nancy Cox, KY
Roger Crickenberger, NC
Bob Godfrey, VI
Richard Guthrie, AL
Mark Hussey, TX
Tom Klindt, TN
David Morrison, LA
Donna Pearce, SAAESD
Rick Roeder, AR
Joe Touchton, AL
Bob Westerman, OK
Eric Young, Exec. Dir.

Action Items

Agenda Item 1 – Approval of Agenda, Minutes, and Interim Actions: Spring meeting minutes and Interim Actions approved (Klindt/Crickenberger)
Agenda Item 2 – SCC Renewal Requests:
Renewal request for SCC33 was approved (Arkin/Barefoot)
Renewal request for SCC22 was approved for one-year extension (Crickenberger/Klindt)
Approval of the new coordinating committee was approved contingent appropriate revisions are made (Klindt/Crickenberger)
Agenda Item 3 – SERARenewal Requests: All recommendations from the SERA Review Committee were approved (Klindt/Arkin)
Agenda Item 8 – SAAESD Strategic Plan Review: Susan Barefoot, SC, will chair the SAAESD Planning Committee. Committee members:

  • Bob Westerman, OK
  • David Boethel, LA
  • Roland Mote, TN
  • Joe Touchton, AL
  • Eric Young

Agenda Item 11 – Nominating Committee Report: The nomination was accept by acclamation for Susan Barefoot, SC as Chair-Elect for 2006/2007
Agenda Item 12 – Resolutions Committee Report: A Resolution of appreciation was read for Dr. Nancy Cox for her role as SAAESD Chair. Resolution was approved by acclamation.

Agenda

Time Agenda # Agenda Item – Presenter
8:00   Welcome and Introductions – Nancy Cox
8:05 1. Approval of Agenda, Minutes, and Interim Actions – Nancy Cox
8:10 2. Multistate Research Committee Report and SCC Renewal Requests – Bill Brown
8:25 3. SERA Review Committee Report and SERA Renewal Requests – Jerry Arkin, Susan Barefoot, and Eric Young
8:40 4. ESS Vote on NRSP Projects and Budgets – Eric Young
8:50 5. ED Report – Eric Young
9:00 6. Future Grantsmanship Workshops – Eric Young, David Boethel, Rick Roeder
9:10 7. Southern Rural Development Center Report – Bo Beaulieu
9:30 8. SAAESD Strategic Plan Review – Nancy Cox
10:00   Break
10:30 9 SAAESD Strategic Plan Review (cont.) – Nancy Cox
11:30 10. Spring 2006 Meeting – Vance Watson
11:35 11. Nominating Committee Report – Greg Weidemann
11:45 12. Resolutions Committee Report – Clarence Watson
11:50 13. Presentation of SAAESD “Gavel” to incoming Chair – Nancy Cox
11:55 14. Closing Remarks and Announcements – David Boethel
12:00   Adjourn

AGENDA BRIEFS

 

Agenda Item 1.
Approval of Agenda, Meeting Minutes and Interim Actions

 

Presenter: Nancy Cox

 

Background:

  • Interim Actions:
  • Appointed Winston Hagler, (NC) as Administrative Advisor to S1018 ” Irrigation Management for Humid and Sub-Humid Areas “
  • Appointed Rick Roeder, (AR) as Administrative Advisor to AC-4 “Food Science and Technology”
  • Appointed Reuben Moore, (MS) as Administrative Advisor to NRSP5 for the Southern Region.
  • Appointed Craig Nessler, (VT) as Administrative Advisor to S1021 “Managing and Marketing Environmental Plants for Improved Production, Profitability, and Efficiency”
  • Appointed Bill Brown, (FL) as the Southern Region Representative to the NRSP Review Committee.
  • Appointed Kira Bowen, (AL) as Administrative Advisor to SCC22 “Soil Survey”
  • Appointed Reuben Moore, (MS) as the Southern Region Representative on the SERA Review Commitee.
  • Appointed Nancy Cox, (KY) as Administrative Advisor to S_temp1301(W195) “Water Quality Issues in Poultry Production (from W195)”

Action Requested: Approval of agenda, minutes, and interim actions.

 

Action Taken: Spring meeting minutes and Interim Actions approved (Klindt/Crickenberger)

 

Agenda Item 2.
Multistate Research Committee (MRC) Report and
SCC Renewal Requests

 

Presenter: Bill Brown

Background:

Multistate Activities’ Status

Projects terminated 9/30/04

S289 “Factors Associated with Genetic and Phenotypic Variation in Poultry: Molecular and Populational” – Jerry Cherry, GA
S293 “Improved Pecan Insect and Mite Pest Management Systems” – Clarence Watson, MS

Projects terminating 9/30/05

S290 “Managing and Marketing Environmental Plants for Improved Production, Profitability, and Efficiency” – D.C. Coston, OK
S291 “Systems for Controlling Air Pollutant Emissions and Indoor Environments of Poultry, Swine and Dairy Facilities” – Jerry Cherry, GA
S292 “The Poultry Food System: A Farm to Table Model” – Jerry Cherry, GA
S294 “Postharvest Quality and Safety in Fresh-Cut Vegetables and Fruits” – Bill Brown, FL
S296 “Rural Labor Markets: Workers, Firms and Communities in Transition” Tom Klindt, TN
S297 “Soil Microbial Taxonomic and Functional Diversity as Affected by Land Use & Mangement” – Steve Leath, NC
S299 “Enhancing Production and Reproductive Performance of Heat-Stressed Dairy Cattle” – David Morrison, LA
S301 “Development, Evaluation and Safety of Entomopathogens for Control of Arthropod Pests” – David Boethel, LA
S302 “Ecological and genetic diversity of soilborne pathogens and indigenous microflora” – Greg Weidemann, AR
S303 “Biological Control of Arthropod Pests and Weeds” – Mark Hussey, TX
SCC22 “Soil Survey” – Al Smith, GA

Terminating without replacement

SDC303 (New) “Production, Harvest, Storage, and Delivery of Herbaceous Energy Crops for Fuel and Chemicals – Skipp Jubb, VA
S296 “Rural Labor Markets: Workers, Firms and Communities in Transition” – Tom Klindt, TN
SERA 4 “Mechanization and Post Harvest Technology of Fruits and Vegetables” – John Hayes
SERA 32 “Coordination of Value-Added Activities ” – DC Coston
SCC75 “Supplemental Strategies for Cattle Using Southern Forages” – Bill Brown, FL

Replacement Projects approved (or pending approval at fall meeting)

S1017 (replacing S293) “Improved Systems for Management of Economically-Important Arthropod Pests Attacking Pecan” Clarence Watson, MS
S1018 (New) “Irrigation Management for Humid and Sub-Humid Areas” – Winston Hagler, NC
S1019 (replacing S222) “Fruit and Vegetable Marketing Innovations and Demand Assessment ” – Bob Shulstad, GA
S1020 (replacing S285) “Enhancing Reproductive Efficiency of Poultry” – Jerry Cherry, GA
S1021 (replacing S290) “Managing and Marketing Environmental Plants for Improved Production, Profitability, and Efficiency” – Craig Nessler,VA
S1022 (replacing S297) “Basic and Applied Aspects of Bacterial Source Tracking” – Steve Leath, NC
S1023 (replacing S299) “Enhancing production and reproductive performance of heat-stressed dairy cattle” – David Morrison, LA
S1024 (replacing S301) “Discovery of Entomopathogens and Their Integration and Safety in Pest Management Systems” – David Boethel, LA
SCC33 “Review of Cooperative Variety Testing Programs in the Southern Region” – Clarence Watson, MS
SCC (New) (S_temp 1262) “Plant Breeding” – Mark Hussey, TX
SERA3 “Integrated Pest Management” – David Boethel, LA
SERA 23 (S_temp1162) “Management of Cotton Insects” – Jim Harper, NC
SERA30 “Southern Natural Resource Economics Committee” – Bob Shulstad, GA

Extended One Year

S295 (replacement being developed by SDC313) “Enhancing Food Safety Through Control of Food-Borne Disease Agents” – Susan Barefoot, SC
S300 “Mosquito and Agricultural Pest Management in Riceland Ecosystems” – Richard Jones
S304 (replacement being developed by SDC317) “Development of Genetic Resources for Cotton” – Bob Westerman, OK
SCC22 “Soil Survey” – Kira Bowen, AL

New Projects being proposed

S_temp1342 (New SERA) “Delta Region Farm Management and Agricultural Policy Working Group” – David Boethel,LA
S_temp1302 (New SDC) “Integrative Functional and Physiological Genomics of Poultry” – Jerry Cherry, GA
S_temp1301 (W195) “Water Quality Issues in Poultry Production (from W195)” – Nancy Cox, KY

Projects terminating 9/30/2006

S295 “Enhancing Food Safety Through Control of Food-Borne Disease Agents” – Susan Barefoot, SC
S298 “Assessing Impacts of Welfare Reform on Individual, Family, and Community Well-Being in the Rural South” – Lisa Collins, KY
S300 “Mosquito and Agricultural Pest Management in Riceland Ecosystems” – Richard Jones, FL
S304 “Development of Genetic Resources for Cotton” – Bob Westerman, OK
S1000 “Animal Manure and Waste Utilization, Treatment and Nuisance Avoidance for a Sustainable Agriculture (S275)” – Ron Lacewell, TX
S1001 “Development of Plant Pathogens as Bioherbicides for Weed Control (S268)” – Greg Weidemann, AR
S1002 “New Technologies for the Utilization of Textile Materials (S272)” – Bob Shulstad, GA
S1003 “Variety and Quality Evaluation of Virginia-type Peanuts” – Skip Jubb, VA
S1004 “Development and Evaluation of TMDL Planning and Assessment Tools and Processes ” – Roland Mote, TN
S1005 “Sources, Dispersal and Management of Stable Flies on Grazing Beef and Dairy Cattle” – Richard Roeder, AR
S1006 “Insect and Manure Management in Poultry Systems: Elements Relative to Food Safety and Nuisance Issues” – Richard Roeder, AR
SDC307 ” Postharvest Quality & Safety in Fresh-Cut Veg. & Fruits” – Bill Brown, FL
SDC308 ” Systems for Controlling Air Pollutant Emissions and Indoor Environments of Poultry, Swine, and Dairy Facilities” – Jerry Cherry, GA
SDC311 “The Poultry Food System: A Farm to Table Model” – Jerry Cherry, GA
SERA025 “Turf” – Mary Duryea, FL
SERA026 “Fire Ants” – Clarence Watson, MS
SERA033 “Current Issues in Weed Biology, Weed/Crop Interactions, and Weed Management in the Southern Region” – David Bridges, GA

Action Requested:None, for information only.

 

SCC Renewal Requests
The Multistate Research Committee recommends renewal of SCC33 (Cooperative Variety Testing Programs in the Southern Region; AA – Clarence Watson, MS) for five years to begin Oct 1, 2005. A majority vote of the chief operating officers is required to approve renewal.

Action Requested: Approve renewal of SCC33

Action Taken: Renewal request for SCC33 was approved (Arkin/Barefoot)

 

The Multistate Research Committee recommends a one-year extension of SCC22 (Soil Survey; AA- Kira Bowen, AL) in order to re-write the proposal.

Action Requested: Approve one-year extension for SCC22

Action Taken: Renewal request for SCC22 was approved for one-year extension (Crickenberger/Klindt)

 

The Multistate Research Committee recommends approval of the (NEW S_temp1262) (Plant Breeding) Coordinating Committee contingent appropriate revisions are made.

Action Requested: Approve contingent on the MRC being satisfied that appropriate revisions have been made.

Action Taken: Approval of the new coordinating committee was approved contingent appropriate revisions are made (Klindt/Crickenberger)

 

Discussion:

  • Bill Brown, FL, will handle the final approval for the “Plant Breeding” (S_temp1262) proposal
  • David Morrison, LA, is replacing Bill Brown as the Chair of the MRC
  • Craig Nessler, VA, will serve on the MRC

 

 

Agenda Item 3.
SERA Review Committee Report and
SERA Renewal Requests

 

Presenter: Jerry Arkin, Susan Barefoot, and Eric Young

Background:
It is recommended that ASRED/SAAESD consider the following actions regarding SERA proposals.
SERA-3 “Integrated Pest Management” – Approve for a one-year extension with an additional 3 years upon receipt of a revised proposal, which addresses the following:

  • Update the participant information to include primary functional assignment of each participant (research, extension, or other)
  • Assuming that #1 shows participants with Extension responsibilities, include an objective (and associated tangible outputs, outcomes, etc) that focus on end users and extension agents. Examples include collaborative development of end user educational materials (web-based and otherwise), educational modules for extension agents, etc.
  • Include activities that could lead to expanded sources of funds for multistate research, extension, and/or integrated programs.

SERA – 23 – “Management of Cotton Insects” – Approve for 5 years with minor revisions, which address the following:

  • Update the participant information to include primary functional assignment of each participant (research, extension, or other)
  • Include an objective (and associated tangible outputs, outcomes, etc) that focus on end users and extension agents. Examples include collaborative development of end user educational materials (web-based and otherwise), educational modules for extension agents, etc.
  • Include activities that could lead to expanded sources of funds for multistate research, extension, and/or integrated programs.

SERA-30 “Southern Natural Resource Economics Committee” – Approve for a one-year extension with an additional 3 years upon receipt of a revised proposal, which addresses the following:

  • Update the participant information to include primary functional assignment of each participant (research, extension, or other)
  • Assuming that #1 shows participants with Extension responsibilities, include an objective (and associated tangible outputs, outcomes, etc) that focus on end users and extension agents. Examples include collaborative development of end user educational materials (web-based and otherwise), educational modules for extension agents, etc.
  • Include activities that could lead to expanded sources of funds for multistate research, extension, and/or integrated programs.

 

Action Requested: Approval of SERA Review Committees recommendations.

 

Action Taken: All recommendations from the SERA Review Committee were approved (Klindt/Arkin)

 

Discussion:

  • Eric and Ron Brown, MS, will work with the AA’s of SERA’s 3, 23 & 30 to make sure they provide the review committee with the needed info before next years reviews

 

Agenda Item 4.
ESS Vote on NRSP Projects and Budgets

 

Presenter: Eric Young

Background:
Approval of NRSP 6 project and budget and budgets of other NRSP’s will be discuss. Written ballots will be given to each station to used during the Experiment Station Section meeting to approve NRSP projects and budgets.

Action Requested: None, for information only.

 

Agenda Item 5.
ED Report

Presenter: Eric Young

Background:
A brief report will be given on some of the Executive Director’s activities and other items that will not be covered during the ESS meeting. Specific topics for discussion include:

  1. I arranged a trip to CSREES for the horticulture department heads group (AC-1) on June 6-7 so they could meet with various NPLs and Deputy Administrators that have responsibility for horticulture and related areas. They met with 11 NPLs from Plant & Animal Systems, Economic & Community Systems, Science & Education Resources Development, Competitive Programs, and Communications, as well as Tom Bewick and/or Jim Green, the two horticulture NPLs, who were with the group during the whole visit. They also met with Colien Hefferan, Gary Cunningham, Ralph Otto, and Dan Kugler. The heads that attended felt that the sessions were very informative and allowed them to express their opinions on a number of topics.

AC Administrative Advisors who would like to consider a trip similar to this for their group can contact me for more details and assistance in logistics.

  1. The LEAD 21 program has gotten off to a very successful start. Session I was held in Indianapolis on June 25-30. Seventy-seven participants began the year-long leadership development program by learning more about their own leadership style, skills, and preferences through self assessments, discussions, case studies, and simulations around group dynamics, diversity, conflict management, stress and wellness, issues in Land Grant institutions.

Session II will be held October 11-13 in Kansas City, MO and focus on integrating and systems thinking, valuing diversity in the Land Grant system, and developing a deeper knowledge and appreciation of higher education as a whole. Session III will be near Washington, DC on March 1-3 following the CARET/AHS “Visit on the Hill” and will focus on policy and legislation development and our various federal partners.

The LEAD 21 Interim Board of Directors met in Kansas City on August 2-3 to review and discuss aspects of the program and the first year thus far. The various groups who will have representation on the Board of Directors have received a request to appoint their representatives. These new members will begin their term during the Board meeting that will be held the week after the first class graduates in March.

  1. The Southern Region Administrative Heads invited the Executive Director and Chair of SAAESD and ASRED to participate in their meeting with the region’s CARET delegates on August 7-8 at Clemson. Nancy Cox and I attended this meeting. The meeting included the following presentations on three research areas identified by AHS/CARET at their Spring meeting.
  2. Water and Environmental Quality – Bob Becker, Director, Strom Thurmond Institute, Clemson University
    b. Invasive and Emerging Pests – Michael Bowers, NPL, Natural Resources and Environment, CSREES
    c. Rural Economic Development – Bo Beaulieu, Director, SRDC

Attendees also toured research facilities on campus in packaging science and biotechnology. This was a good time to interact with the CARET delegates and the administrative heads that attended. It is clear that both groups are concerned with a broader agenda than production agriculture.

  1. In several venues both Colien Hefferan and Gary Cunningham have suggested that one possible budget proposal for ’07 might be to increase the MRF requirement to 50% of Hatch with competitive review and funding of MRF projects. The EDs met with Colien and Gary on September 6 to discuss the ramifications of such a proposal.

The current thinking is that this change would retain the match requirement under Hatch and may address some of the concerns that surfaced in the ’06 budget discussions, but would also require new legislation. In addition, this may allow some states to focus efforts on specific issues rather than a broad portfolio on multistate projects. Finally, many participants on MRF activities indicate that they “don’t get any additional money for the project” and this proposal would provide more funds for fewer projects.

In this scenario, the MRF program would transition from the current structure as current projects terminate. This program would be phased in over a period of 5 years, with a percentage of the current MRF plus an additional 10% each year. Approximately 20% of the projects would be subjected to competitive renewal in any given year. Those projects seeking renewal would submit a proposal for peer review with budgets ranging up to $2-3 million. However, the Directors will still allocate funds at each participating station.

Several impacts might be anticipated including: there would be fewer multistate projects funded; less overlap or duplication among the MRF projects; more up-front negotiations with faculty/committees would be needed; the ability to add/delete faculty from projects may be lost; and there would be considerably less flexibility in management of MRF funds. It might be assumed that Extension Directors would also be asked to make up-front budget commitments for faculty participation on integrated projects. Similar commitments would be needed for 1890 faculty participation.

This proposal, should it come to pass, presents critical questions as to how the region would handle proposals, including:

What will the Directors’ role be in approving expenditure of MRF funds?
What will the Directors’ role be in approving MRF projects?
How will funds be handled and distributed to Directors
How will the region’s priorities be addressed?
Should there be preliminary regional review by the MRC?
How will participation be invited?
Can new participants be added?

  1. Jay Ritchie continues to give my office excellent support for web-based data management and other IT related activities, including the multi-institutional assistance database. The most recent project Jay has just begun is to work with Donna to develop an SAAESD member on-line database. This would replace the current member directory, assignment spreadsheet, and other member-related information pages on our web site. The database will have one form for entering information on new members and updating it for current members. It also will provide display and/or printing of selected information in various forms and allow each experiment station office to update their directors’ information on individual password-protected site.

Some of you may know that Jay has left MS State because his wife, Liesel, has taken a job with The Evaluation Center at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. However, he would like to continue his work with the ED’s office and the SAAESD directors on a contract basis. Please click here to see the proposal that he has developed for the 05/06 fiscal year.

Action Requested: Discussion and approval of Jay Ritchie’s proposal for support of the ED office in 05/06.

Discussion:

  • Haven’t paid Mississippi State the $25,000.00 for Jay’s support yet
  • Eric, Jay and Donna will work together to develop a SAAESD member on-line database
  • Database will replace the current member directory and assignment spreadsheet
  • Nancy Cox, KY, is now the ESS Representative on the ESCOP BAA Policy Board of Directors
  • The ESS voting ballots were sent out to all Chief Operating Officers and their assistants
  • The Social Science Subcommittee requests appointment of a faculty member with a discipline in Rural Sociology from the southern region to serve on this committee
  • Everyone should have received a letter from Gary Cunningham on the use of Multistate Research Funds for Development Committees, Coordinating Committees, and Extension/Research Activities
  • Voting on the ’05/06 NRSP budget approvals is being handled by the North Central Regional ED’s office

Agenda Item 6.
Future Grantsmanship Workshops

 

Presenter: Eric Young, David Boethel and Rick Roeder

Background:
Eric Young will report on the grantsmanship workshops held in Washington, D.C. on September 7-8 that SAAESD co-sponsored with NERA. David Beothel will give a status report on the NRI Integrated Programs grantsmanship workshop that will be held in Baton Rouge, LA on Jan 19, which is being co-sponsored by ASRED. Rick Roeder will discuss the possibility of Univ of Arkansas hosting a grantsmanship workship for the southern region in spring or summer of 2006.

Action Requested: None, for information only.

Discussion:

  • Grantsmanship Workshop was held in Washington, DC on September 7th & 8th and was co-sponsored with NERA
  • Due to hurricane damage in Baton Rouge, LA the Kentucky Experiment Station will host the Integrated Programs Workshop at the Radisson Hotel in Cincinnati starting at 1:00 pm on February 8th and adjourning at noon on the 9th
  • Arkansas is interested in hosting a grantsmanship workshop for the Southern Region in the Dallas, TX area in 2006
  • Representatives from Oklahoma State University and Texas A&M University have agreed to co-host the 2006 grantsmanship workshop
  • Rick Roeder will contact Bob Westerman, OK and Mark Hussey, TX to work out details

 

Agenda Item 7.
Southern Rural Development Center Report

 

Presenter: Bo Beaulieu

Background:
A brief update of the research efforts of the Southern Rural Development Center will be provided, as well as the future efforts of the Center.

Action Requested: None, for information only.

 

Agenda Item 8.
SAAESD Strategic Plan Review

Presenter: Nancy Cox

Background:
The current SAAESD strategic plan was developed in 2000 as a five-year plan. To view the current plan, go to http://cipm.ncsu.edu/saaesd/5yrplan.htm In addition to the mission and vision statements, this plan includes a list of research priorities (Programmatic Plan) and an Operational Plan designed to improve the operations of the SAAESD in its mission to facilitate research of the member agricultural experiment stations.

At the spring meeting in Corpus Christi, it was decided that the Programmatic and Operational Plans would be reviewed and revised, beginning with a discussion during the fall meeting. Information from this discussion, as well as input from other sources (ie. Science Roadmap for Agriculture and ESCOP federal budget priorities), will be used by an ad-hoc committee to revise the current strategic plan. A draft revision will be circulated prior to the spring meeting and a final draft will be presented at that meeting for adoption.

For further background information, see the ESCOP FY’06 federal budget priorities and the Science Roadmap for Agriculture challenge areas and objectives.

Action Requested: Discussion on possible changes in the Programmatic and Operational Plans and appointment of an ad-hoc committee to draft a revised SAAESD strategic plan.

Action Taken: Susan Barefoot, SC, will chair the SAAESD Planning Committee. Committee members:

  • Bob Westerman, OK
  • David Boethel, LA
  • Roland Mote, TN
  • Joe Touchton, AL
  • Eric Young

Discussion:

  • Donna will set up a conference call with the newly appointed ad-hoc committee to decide how to proceed

 

Agenda Item 10.
Spring 2006 Meeting

Presenter: Vance Watson

Background:
The MS State delegation will update us on the status of planning and arrangements for the SAAESD 2006 Spring meeting in Mississippi.

 

Action Requested: Information only.

Discussion:

  • Spring 2006 meeting will be held in Tunica, MS
  • Dates: April 2-5, 2006

 

Agenda Item 11.
Nominating Committee Report

Presenter: Greg Weidemann

Background:
A nomination for the ’05/’06 SAAESD Chair-elect will be presented from the Nominating Committee and additional nominations will be accepted from the floor. The Chair-elect will be selected by a simple majority of voting members present.

 

Action Requested: Closure of nominations and selection of SAAESD Chair-elect.

Action Taken: The nomination was accept by acclamation for Susan Barefoot, SC as Chair-Elect for 2006/2007

 

Agenda Item 12.
Resolutions Committee Report

Presenter: Clarence Watson

Background:
Resolutions in Appreciation will be presented Dr. D.C. Coston and Dr. Nancy Cox, outgoing Chair.

 

Action Requested: Approval

Action Taken: A Resolution of appreciation was read for Dr. Nancy Cox for her role as SAAESD Chair. Resolution was approved by acclamation.

 

Agenda Item 13.
Presentation of SAAESD “Gavel” to incoming Chair

Presenter: Nancy Cox

Background:
Outgoing chair, Nancy Cox, will present the Association’s official gavel, a pocketknife, to incoming chair, David Boethel

 

Action Requested: None, for information only.

 

Agenda Item 14.
Closing Remarks and Announcements

Presenter: David Boethel

Background:

 

Discussion:

  • SUNGRAINS proposal is ready to circulate for signatures

 

Meeting adjourned at 11:31 AM (Eastern Time)